Micro Loans

Micro Loans

Micro Loan Program For Businesses

Use of Funds: Funds may be used for inventory, supplies, furniture and fixtures, equipment, minor renovations, debt refinance, and working capital.
Loan Amounts: Can be as much as $50,000. The loan can be as much as 75% of the total project cost.
Borrower’s Equity: At least 10% is required.
Rates and Terms: The interest rate is fixed and may be as low as 8%. Loan term may be as long as ten years. An amortization period exceeding the loan term is possible. Personal guarantees are generally required as part of the collateral.

The Micro Loan Program funds small business in rural areas, including start-ups. A Micro Loan can provide up to 75% of the total project cost, and the remaining 25% must be from non-federal funds. Eligible businesses have ten or less full time equivalent employees. Agricultural producers and not-for-profits are eligible borrowers. The Micro Loan Program includes technical assistance to give the borrower the best opportunity for success. Southwest GA United staff members have regular, frequent interactions with its clients. The Micro Loan Program has enabled many new business start-ups and existing business expansions that otherwise would not exist.



  • Deon Richardson
    Posted June 21, 2021 2:34 pm

    I would like to speak with someone about your micro loan program.

  • Colista White
    Posted February 21, 2022 7:17 am

    I have a small business in need of a small business loan for start up and equipment.my business name is Grandma’s Cookies and Cream

Comments are closed.